Surgery suggested for anal fissure. Have constipation. Taking Oflomac for typhoid. Can typhoid cause anal fissures?

I am suffering from Acute Anal Fissure and doctor recommended an operation.Meanwhile I showed to an Ayurveda doctor who suggested me to have some medicines. I am feeling really hard o pass my stools.Meanwhile
I was found with Typhoid Positive. Right now I am having Oflomac 200 and continuing ayurvedic medicines.Can you please tell me the Anal fissure is a after effect of the Typhoid, the problem created in the intestine.
Am I going in the correct way
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 4 hours later

Anal fissures are caused by trauma to the anus and anal canal especially constipation caused by a hard stool or repeated episodes of diarrhea.

Typhoid cannot directly cause anal fissure but if you are having diarrhea in typhoid or constipation then it can cause anal fissures. Straining to have a bowel movement, especially if the stool is large, hard, and/or dry or repeated bowel movements in diarrhea can cause anal fissures.

First of all lifestyle measures need to be incorporated.

1)     You should increase the fiber in your diet by eating fruits and vegetables. Just make sure to increase your fluid intake when you increase your fiber in the diet.

2)     You can also sit in hot sitz bath by sitting in a shallow bucket with hot water three times a day. The heat would help in relieving the discomfort and pain of the hemorrhoids as well as anal fissure.

3)     Avoid straining or prolonged sitting on the toilet and use Vaseline to help lubricate the anorectal area.

4)     You can consult a doctor and get prescribed a medicated cream (to help heal the fissure), a topical muscle relaxant (to relax the anal muscles), an anesthetic ointment (to reduce pain, if pain interferes with having a bowel movement), nitroglycerin or calcium channel blocker ointments (to relax the anal muscles and increase blood flow to the region, promoting healing) and steroid cream to reduce inflammation.

5)     Other treatment methods include botox shots and surgery which are taken as last resorts.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.