Surgery on left foot, removal of nerve, aching pain on sole, diabetic neuropathy, morton's neuroma ?

HI, I have had surgery on my left foot to remove nerve between 2-3 metatarsal, four years ago, now I have aching pain on bottom of foot and between 3-4 toes, I can't decide if I have diabetic neuropathy or another morton's neuroma, But I am in alot of pain, a foot surgeon di the surgery, my foot is only 60 percent well after this surgery, should I have gone to a neuro surgeon for removal of foot nerve?? my question is what TYPE of Dr. or surgeon should I see for evaluation ??? Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

I suggest you for an initial evaluation by both XXXXXXX Medicine Physician and General Surgeon.

Let them do appropriate referrals. Actually you need a multiple disciplinary approach.

Wish you Good Health.
Follow-up: Surgery on left foot, removal of nerve, aching pain on sole, diabetic neuropathy, morton's neuroma ? 21 minutes later
Why would I see an XXXXXXX medical dr.?? to possible rule out diabetes??
What exactly do you mean by muliple disciplinary approach?? I am interested
in alternative medicine. I have tried diferent nutrients for nerve repair,
example: serapeptase and b-complex. vitamin C, but when I am standing on
my foot for too long a time it will ache and have sharp pain. I am considering
a neural surgeon, but I have already had the morton's neuroma surgery with NOT great sucess. thanks again foryour help, sincerely, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 25 minutes later

An XXXXXXX Medicine physician can easily evaluate both hypoglycemia and hypothyroid. This sometimes reduces long waiting time for Endocrinologist and costs too.

I am not sure if the foot pain is correctly diagnosed in the first place. It has not been helpful even after surgery which is the last approach for Morton Neuroma.

Foot Surgeon / Orthopedic Surgeon should do the best. Neurosurgeon opinion may not be a right choice. Physical and Rehabilitation specialist opinion is better instead. A Morton Neuroma surgery has not given good results for few people. Foot wear changes are also important.

The vitamin supplements that you had taken yet were not proved to help you for the relief of pain. There are other neuropathic pain killers which have proven better than these.

I am not aware of the scientific underpinnings of an alternative medicine approach.

Hope it helps in taking a right decision.