Ask a Urologist   »  

Surgery of the foreskin of penis. How long will it take to heal and normalise?

Hi I have done a Surgery on my penis, I have cut down the upper part(Foreskin) of my penis as it was not coming down hence i done the same & have cut the same, it was done on 19th of may 2012 right now stcihes has been done, SO just want to confirm how much time it will take to get it normal.
Posted Sun, 17 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 44 minutes later

I understand your query and concern.
Now it is 10 days post surgery.
U can do regular household work. U can go back to work. Take healthy diet including fresh fruits, fruit juices and vegetables.
Kindly take regular showers and pls apply water to the penis (pls don’t cover up to protect it)
If the doctor has given an ointment, pls apply on the part.
The stitches may take upto a month to fall off completely.
Kindly refrain from sexual intercourse for about a month.
If the open part is sensitive to ur underwear, pls use a small cloth to wrape it and use underwear.
Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back for any further queries.
Get well soon.
DR G Srinivasan.
Follow-up: Surgery of the foreskin of penis. How long will it take to heal and normalise? 17 minutes later
Right Now they has done a dressing on that part ,, and i am not wearing underwear also & wearing Very clothes which are not tight, Kindly suggest me some more precoursion,
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

If the doctor has decided to keep the dressing, there's some meaning like infection OR EXCESSIVE SENSITIVITY. But i think u need to take showers. You can wear inner-wear. Kindly take guidance from your surgeon regarding the above.