Surgery of testicular torsion for gangrenous testicle. Testicles turned pink. Is this normal?

My son had surgery testicular torsion which found a gangrenous testicle , heat packs applied and it turned pink , do u think it will be preserved ? Both were anchored and the doctor was happy but it was out of the 6 hour window and more like 12 hours- 2 weeks of antibiotics given and he is in no pain- although the testicle turned pink the epididymis did not. I am very worried although the surgeon said it was good news - reading online I see that a gangrenous testicle can be fatal
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 51 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As blood supply to testicle and surrounding structure is cut off during testicular torsion, it is a surgical emergency.

Gangrenous/dead tissue does't turn pink on warming.

Recovery of testicle depends upon duration of torsion.

If surgery is performed within 6 hours, most of the testicles can be saved. But if torsion persisted for more than 6 hours, chances of its survival are poor.

Gangrenous testicle can be fatal because it is infected dead tissue.

But your son's testicle was not gangrenous. As blood supply was cut due to to torsion, it might be appearing white.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,