Surgery for endometriosis done. Had intercourse and experiencing pain during period. Cause and cure?

Hi there I had surgery for the treatment of endo 14 months ago as well as resection of Uterine septum large. Recently had sex for the first time since surgery and have experienced a lot of pain before and during my period as well as smelly odour although not experiencing any problems when not menstruating. What could be the cause of this?
Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
The pain you had during the periods is not likely to be related to having sex prior to it. Usually during the periods strong uterine contractions are seen to expel the blood which causes the pain and the contractions.
You can an over the counter pain killer for relief. In case the pain and smelly discharge persists, then vaginal infections need to be ruled out after a vaginal swab culture.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.