Surgery for Intussusception of small intestine done. Looking for suggestion

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Working with Shoreline Surgical in Middletown CT as I have just recently undergone surgery for Intussusception of small intestine. Which probably fix one issue but having referring pain to testicular area and down left leg. Could be nerve in back related to many areas. Have to go back to swollen (camera) capsule next week to see what else is going on because getting pain on left side of stomach. Ulcers run high in family.
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 9 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

May I know what surgery was performed ?

What was the type of surgery Laparoscopic Or Open ?

Are there any bowel symptoms present ?

Have you been diagnosed suffering from Pudendal Neuralgia or this is what you presume ?

Several holes in stomach , does it point to Laparoscopy ?

Get back with this information & I will help you sort your issue

Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Surgery for Intussusception of small intestine done. Looking for suggestion 5 hours later
May I know what surgery was performed ? They went into my belle button for "Intetission" on small intestine but only found scar tissue which interesting because I have never had stomach surgery in the past.

What was the type of surgery Laparoscopic Or Open ? It was Laparoscopic I have a 4-5 holes, small in size on center and left sides.

Are there any bowel symptoms present ? No other than constipation from pain meds.

Have you been diagnosed suffering from Pudendal Neuralgia or this is what you presume ? This is what I am presuming I had just today spoke with a Neurologist who sent me for an MRI of the back. Thinks related to nerves that is why I am getting pain in the leg. Weird part is I had several injections in the left leg which right now is causing some pain and I had fluid built up this week. Not blood clot thank goodness.

Several holes in stomach , does it point to Laparoscopy ? Yes it was. I have to go back to have swollow scan pill this week to have them look around some more in detail. They are not certain why I have scar tissue build up? Ideas?

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 17 hours later
Hi

Thanks for your followup

I have a feeling that you should go for plenty of fluids and extra fiber for constipation

Add a probiotic twice a day for three to four weeks

There are some idopathic bands which occur because of subacute intraabdominal infections so it is not very wise doubting the operating surgeon

Regarding neuralgia I would prefer giving a trial with Gabapantine, if the pain is relieved I may presume a neurological cause and investigate further

As planned you may go for capsule endoscopy and get back to me in case of doubts

Hope this clears your doubts
Get well soon