Surgery done for lung cancer and colon cancer. Can cancer spread to other organs?

did u get my message about all symptoms a while ago i had upper lobe rt lung removrd 11 yrs ago as of this summer bowel surg for cancer end on XXXXXXX rest of rt lung removed for cancer all are primary now this any idea could it be related to the other cancers
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later

I am sorry but I am not sure if you had provided more information; what you read above was all the information I could gather.

Anyway, I understand you suffered lung cancer followed by colon cancer and then recurrence of lung cancer. If all the varieties were all primaries, then yes, you hold some risks to develop other organ cancers.

Adenocarcinoma is a histological variety of cancer, which is found in most lung and colon cancers, and I think you need to regularly screened for other organ cancers. Abdominal organs, uterus and breast are the other organs, which need to be specifically screened.

I hope you are in regular follow with your oncologist. Early detection will be the key to complete cancer treatment.

Let me know if you wanted any other information.