Surgery done for fractured tibia. Will I be able to walk and drive normally?

I broke my tibia in 3 pieces Nov 24, had surgery, and and still only allowed partial weight bearing. When will I be able to drive and walk w/out assistance?
Shouldn't it be healed by now?
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 12 minutes later

Generally bones take 6-8 weeks to heal after fracture. But at your age it might take more time as the bones are not as mineralised as in young individuals.

So at your age it's always better to give more time for healing before resuming complete weight bearing.

To know exact stage of healing a check xray can help.This will also help you decide about complete weight bearing.

Hope this answers your question.