Surgery done for fractured fibia and tibia. Experiencing pain during the rains. On tylenol. Any ideas?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My girlfriend fractured her fibia and tibia about 9 months ago, just above the ankle, and had a 7 inch steel plate attached to the outside of the bone. Every time it rains now the pain becomes bad enough to need a pain killer like Tylenol. What is causing her leg to hurt so bad, and why is it mostly when it rains? Is there anything she can do?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 28 hours later
The pain at the site of fracture during the rains is because of the change in barometric pressure. Rapid up and down pressure associated with a rain causes inflammation and pain. Heating pad will help in relieving this pain.
The pain will gradually become lesser after 2-3 seasons. Please do not worry. She can continue taking Tylenol whenever she feels the discomfort.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.