Supermet XL or metaprol. Side effect of sleeping disorder ?

whether supermet XL (metaprol) has side effect of sleepin problem ?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later

Metoprolol causes minor and common side effects like nausea, tiredness, shortness of breath, or slow heart rate, increased liver enzymes, weight gain, and dry eyes.

In some individuals they do cause insomnia and sleep disturbances.

For sleep disturbances due to Metaprolol, you can ask your physician to gradually switch you over to a better suitable option with lesser effect on sleep patterns.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.