Suing a hospital. Need a reviewer. What to expect for the damage done?

Question
I ve just registered under - YYYY@YYYY - and already consulted Dr Apama XXXXXXX who sent me to you. I am forwarding two files to you.
I am suing a hospital for compensation. I need a name to review my case and, if he thinks I am right, back my claims with his take on this and appropriate case histories that I can use in court or just before to break into a compromise. BTW I live in Belgium and was born 30-12-1944, how much can I expect in terms of financial compensation, now that the damage is done ?
Thank you XXXXXXX Dubuisson
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in again.

I am also an expert moderator on this forum. While I understand your predicament, there are a few things I would like to put forth here.

Since your query is related to gastroenterology, I have spoken to few Gastroenterology Surgeons. They expressed that this case is not suited to a health forum like this where only medical queries are answered. You seem to be looking for a second opinion to gain compensation. Additionally, you would want this opinion to be legally binding. The opinions given here are for information only and not valid legally.

The agency / court of law needs a sequence of events with details. A third party expert scrutinizes the details in the hospital records and checks if the procedures and the decisions were taken according to the local hospital protocol or according to the regional standards laid. Since most of the doctors who participate on this forum do not hail from Belgium, they would not understand the local standards.

However, we will be able to assist you with an opinion from a gastroenterologist for the medical aspects of this query. The answers will be in tune with the accepted standards of the practice of gastroenterology worldwide. This opinion, as I mentioned before, will not be legally binding. This would be only for your information purposes. If you do not wish to take this opinion, we would be willing to refund your money.

Assuring you of our best services always and looking forward to assist you again in the future.

Warm regards
Dr. Aparna Kohli

Follow-up: Suing a hospital. Need a reviewer. What to expect for the damage done? 1 hour later
I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LOSS OF TIME. I WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH MORE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS TO HELP ME HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE NECK WHEN THE TIME COMES. I WILL XXXXXXX THE INSURANCE COMPANY DOCTOR ON MARCH 20; I SUSPECT DOCTORS ARE ALL IN THE SAME SHELL, THOUGH.
PLEASE REFUND ME FOR THE TIME BEING. DO YOU HAVE A GASTROENTEROLOGIST WHO UNDERSTAND FRENCH ?
PLEASE KEEP MY FILES IN STORE, SO YOU LL PUT UR HAND ON THEM QUICK.

THANKS AGAIN
XXXXXXX DUBUISSON

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 22 hours later
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for the reply.

We currently do not have a Gastroenterologist who knows French. I will pass on the message of refund to the customercare team.

We can discuss your issues soon.

Thanks.