Suggestions to regularize periods without weight gain?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I am having irregular periods and using the current medication from dec 7 2013 for PCOS problem.But i got period after 2 months i,e 3 feb 2014. I had bleeding for alomost 10 days even now its not stopping. I am also having severe hair fall, constipation sometimes.I started the below medication becuase i ma getting pimples on my face . I am feling very weak and feeling i have increased my weight also. Can you please suggest any way for my periods to get regularised without any increase in my weight?(I have delived a male child on sep17 2012.Previous to that also i has pcos , but i conceived normally iwthout any medication. I got married on oct 12 2011,Befor marriage i used to get periods once in 3 months without any medication.After delivery i am getting once in 2 months without any medication. )
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Ovigyn D contains DHEAS - it is given to increase your egg formation ! It is not at all given to women with PCOS - women with PCOS already have excess of egg follicles. Am sure there is some mistake, if you have PCOS, you should not be taking Ovigyn ( DHEA ) and if you are given DHEA, you cannot be having PCOS right now. DHEA is given to women with low ovarian reserve. Hair fall, constipation, weight gain , irregular cycles - all are typical of PCOS> PLease get the following investigations done - 1. Pelvic transvaginal ultrasound scan on day 2 of periods. 2. FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free Testosterone, Lipid profile, AMH If PCOS is documented, you can take cyclical progesterone therapy or cyclical oral contraceptive pills ( eg. Krimson ) to regulate your cycles. Metformin also will aid in weight loss. On the other hand if the ovarian reserve is low, cyclical hormones again will regulate periods. MEanwhile, exercise and diet will definitely help. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.

Follow-up: Suggestions to regularize periods without weight gain? 1 minute later
i am also using APCOD sachets.. will this help in curing PCOD problem dr has also said that i ma getting pimples on my face may be due to excess testosterone so she suggested the ovigyn-d tablets ..

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: APCOD sachets help in PCOD for sure. Women with PCOD already have high DHEA levels, there in no point in taking Ovigyn ( DHEA ). I still dont understand why it has been prescribed, and do not agree with the prescription. Please ask your doctor to explain in detail .

Follow-up: Suggestions to regularize periods without weight gain? 50 minutes later
thankyou vrey much for your advice :)

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: You are most welcome. Please feel free to contact me anytime directly at - WWW.WWWW.WW