Suggested to use trigaine shampoo. Is it safe to use on regular basis?

Dermatologist
Question
i m using trigaine shampoo from last one month by a doctor's consultation... can this shampoo be used on regular basis ? can this shampoo be used lifelong ? can JUENE hair grow oil be used lifelong if i apply it once in a week?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 59 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Trigaine shampoo is a mild hair cleanser usually given in thinning hair and dry scalp conditions. If it suits you well, you may continue it as long as you want it, even lifelong. It is just a normal mild hair cleanser and can be used regularly.
As far as hair oils are concerned, these do not control hair fall or help hair grow. Hair oils just provide conditioning to hair shaft and should be used once in a week. If this particular hair oil suits you well, you may continue its use for prolong period.

From the queries I presume, you are facing hair fall. The products that you have mentioned are just over the counter products . Trigaine shampoo or the hair oil alone would not help in hair regrowth.
As you are under a doctor's consultation, I would like to know what other medicines have been prescribed to you and also about your hair fall( since how long are you having it, pattern of hair fall ie diffuse thinning of hair or hair loss from centre portion of scalp etc). Answering these queries, would allow me to help you out in a better way.

Hoping to hear from you soon.