Suggested progesterone for thin uterus lining. Barely spotting. Have Celiac Sprue disease. Can I have children?

My Ob just told me my uteran lining was 14mm. He suggested progesterone. I had one period that lasted 10 days and the last 5 were barely spotting. I am very regular 26 day cycle 5 days bleeding 3 heavy to regular and 2 days of spotting. I'm 38 and still think about having children. I also have Celiac Sprue disease. He sounded really negative about the possiblity of having children. Is it over?
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
If you are having a regular cycle of 26 days duration, then a thin endometrium can be taken care of using medicines. The chances of conception are present. You need to have a detailed hormonal profile and ovulation studies done under the guidance of an infertility specialist.
Regular periods are suggestive of a normal ovulation. Please do not worry and get yourself evaluated thoroughly.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.