Suggested having Lupus. ANA test showed positive result. What should I do?

I have had lots of health problems over the last years, Hashimotos, Coeliac disease, Menieres disease , hyperparathyroidism, hyperaldesteronism, high blood pressure, a detached kidney, protein in my urine, fibroids in my womb, unexplained rashes, heart attack and white matter changes in my brain. My doctor decided to do an ANA test and it has come back positive and now he thinks I may have Lupus. Is that possible
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 3 hours later
Brief Answer: yes, it is possible. Detailed Answer: Hi! Sorrry to say but it is possible to have lupus. Maximum medical conditions that you are suffering from have auto immune etiology. Lupus is also a auto immune disease. ANA is a screening test for auto immune diseases.Rash,protein in urine and positive ANA are all in favour of lupus. Hope this explains answer to your query. Wish you good health.