Suggested for MRA for hip pain. Suggestions

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had an xray, then mri for right hip pain. They saw a little osteoarthritis but during my consultation and manipulation they did something to my hip and after leaving office I barely could walk on it. When I called to tell them of the pain they ordered an MRA. I had it the next day. What will this show that the MRI didn't?
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: MRA will show status of vessels Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. MRA will show status of vessels, veins and arteries and will comment on occlusion of vessels. This will be how much useful in treatment that can not be commented. As per your history there can be hip arthritis which can be degenerative or due to avascular necrosis of femoral head [AVN]. If all your scans are normal and there is no AVN then, For hip arthritis joint flexion, extension and rotation exercises will help. Physiotherapist will help you better to learn more exercises in proper protocol. If required intra-articular injection can be given. Diet rich in calcium and protein will help. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.