Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggested citralka syrup for urinary tract infection. When to take this liquid?

Nephrologist
Question

My doctor suggested citralka syrup for take this liquid before food or after food.Pl let me know
Regards,Kumar
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 17 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for the query

Citralka is usually taken in the dosage prescribed to you (10ml to 15ml) after food.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further ones please accept my answer

I wish you a speedy recovery

Follow-up: Suggested citralka syrup for urinary tract infection. When to take this liquid? 13 minutes later
Usually how many days i should take this syrup.Pl let me know

Regards, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 minutes later
Hello

Citralka is not the first line therapy for urine as it alkalinises the urine. So you can take it until the burning sensation comes down and you are able to pass urine freely. Repeat the urine routine after 15 days to see if the pus cells have cleared

Thanks again

Follow-up: Suggested citralka syrup for urinary tract infection. When to take this liquid? 47 hours later
Hello Doctor,

I am using uris pas and citralka from 2 1/2 days but still condition did not improve .I am urinating frequently.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later
Hello

The most common cause of increased urination without any urinary tract issues is
1. Increased intake of water
2. Anxiety
3. If there are on certain drugs used to lower the hypertension

But there are other causes for increased urination like electrolyte imbalance and also diabetes insipidus.
I would like you to XXXXXXX a endocrinologist as soon as possible with your problem as I feel there are the best people to approach in your case.

Please continue taking citralka until you XXXXXXX them

I wish you good health