Suggest ways to reduce weight in 20 days

Hi im XXXXXXX aged 21,weight-73kgs,height-5ft 9 inches. I'm fighting with my extra weight for the past few months ..but no results! Pls suggest me ways to reduce weight in 20 days as my spl day is coming .. Thanks !
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reduce your weight with scientific method only Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Firstly, there is NO SAFE method to reduce your weight in such a short time! Further, CRASH DIETS are counter-productive and I will strongly advise AGAINST resorting to it! It may result in reducing weight by a couple of kgs, but will come with side effects, apart from rebound increase in weight! Also, there are certain conditions, such as, Hypothyroidism or Diabetes, which increase body weight. GET THESE CONDITIONS EXCLUDED AT THE EARLIEST. Treatment of these conditions, if diagnosed, will lead to weight reduction. If you are really desperate, you may try Orlistat capsules 120mg thrice daily, under close supervision of your doctor. But they have certain side effects. I am sure you wouldn't like to present with the side effects on your Special Day : Faecal urgency and incontinence, flatulence, fatty stools or discharge, increased defecation; headache, anxiety, fatigue, menstrual irregularities; abdominal pain/discomfort- to name a few. DO NOT SPOIL YOUR HONEYMOON with such side effects. The GOLDEN RULE for weight reduction :- BURN OUT MUCH MORE THAN YOUR CALORIE INTAKE:- * STOP high calorie foods, such as, sugars, confectionery, junk food, fast foods, soft drinks, chocolates, alcohol, bread, non-veg foods, rice etc.. * Take a plateful of salads, 10 minutes before each meal; 2 chapattis with green leafy vegetables and a small bowl of dal. * Intensive workouts, gymming, aerobic exercises, cycling, brisk walks. I therefore suggest that you meet a Dietitian who will plan your Low Calorie (1000 Calories), Low fat, high protein diet. Adhere to the dietary plan. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: Suggest ways to reduce weight in 20 days 16 minutes later
I'm basically working in an IT company and i have no time for intensive workouts except for some walking in the morning .. Can this help in reducing ? i want to burn the fat in my arms and my thighs so badly ..Pls help!
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Orlistat (with side effects) is the ONLY option Detailed Answer: Nice to hear back from you, XXXXXXX I am afraid that walks burn relatively less calories. I'm sure you can find time to do some aerobic exercises whenever you are free at home. As such, given the short time-frame, you have hardly any options! Alternatively, you may buy a static cycle and use it at home, as much as possible whenever you can spare time. It will trim your thighs. Under these circumstances, Orlistat capsules are the ONLY option. You may try them until 2-3 days PRIOR to the D-Day, PROVIDED you are willing to take a chance! In any case, GET YOUR THYROID HORMONAL ASSAY and FASTING/POST-PRANDIAL BLOOD SUGAR done at the earliest. Till then, adhere to the advised diet. Lastly, please remember that a gradual reduction in weight is the most preferred method. ALL THE BEST. Have a nice day Dr. Rakesh Karanwal