Suggest ways to reduce waist and hip circumference

Hi, My weight is 75 kg. I have seen that my hip size has increased to approx 36 inches. Some fat tissue has also accumulated on my belly. I do abs exercise for approx 40 minutes atleast 3 times a week since last 2 months. Also, I do jogging/brisk walking for 1 hr on weekends. But, the flab has not reduced. Please suggest. Is there any belt / exercises which can help? Can you detail out what I can do to reduce the flab? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Aerobic plus cardio exercises are still the best. Detailed Answer: Yet the way to reduce the waist cum hip circumference is by reducing the subcutaneous fat. So the cellulite plus subcutaneous fat would be better reduced by aerobic plus cardiac type exercises than stationary ones like Abs. The abs help in toning of muscles than reducing the subcutaneous fat. You should be aiming not less than 40 min per session in 5 to 6 days a week. I definitely would not advise belts as they have no extra advantage than abdominals. Hope this helps.