Suggest ways to reduce back pain

i am suffering back pain very badly, can you given me some tips to reduce back pain.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Pain medicines during acute painful episodes... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand you are most likely suffering from back ache for awhile. Therefore if I were you, I would first consult my doctor for clinical examination and understand what is causing the pain. Generally the cause is related to improper siting posture and lack of physical activity. A few cases are related to actual vertebra and disc problems. Blood tests, X-ray and scan will confirm the cause. Besides clinical examination, I suggest the following: 1. Take pain killers such as diclofenac along with muscle relaxants (tizanidine) for short period of time. 2. Sit erect while at work with food resting comfortably on the floor. 3. Take frequent breaks from work. 4. Sleep on a hard and flat surface. 5. Exercise to keep yourself active. It is important that you keep weight in ideal limits. 6. If needed consult a physiotherapist for physiotherapy training and sessions. Hope this helps. Regards