Suggest treatmnet for pain and itching due to throat inflammation

Hi Doctor, I have been suffering from some pain/itching in the throat and finding it difficult to swallow anything. I was retorting. to some hot stuff and cough lorenzes but i guess its not working anymore. Also almost every evening carrying a heavy head every evening since some days. Hope you can help. Thanks
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Inflammation or infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Generally symptoms like yours are due throat inflammation or infection.Inflammations do subside in few days and infections might need treatment. I would suggest to use mild anesthetic gargles which can help relieve your itching and throat pain.Take steam inhalation and try warm soups. If symptoms persists after this then I would recommend to see a ENT specialist to have look at throat to particularly rule out any infection.Do pre-pond your visit to doctor in case there is fever or increase in symptoms. Also keep watch on symptoms of gastric reflux if any.As such refluxes can cause symptoms similar to yours. Rarely if difficulty in swallowing is significant doctor might want to get you investigated for food pipe with barium swallow or endoscopy.But this doesnt seem to a requirement in your case at the moment. Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts. Regards.
Follow-up: Suggest treatmnet for pain and itching due to throat inflammation 22 hours later
Hi Doctor, Thanks a ton for your help, i have started with the gargles, soup and steam aa you suggested. Could you help me with a basic antibiotic, antiallergic for the throat problem? There is no fever as yet but the problem still persists. Regards
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Difficult to specify one particular drug. Detailed Answer: Hello, Its difficult to specify one particular drug on online consultation.Again its against website policies to dictate such treatment.I generally advice any broad spectrum antibiotic with any antiallergic(antihistaminic) drug which doesn't make you feel sleepy. Do continue all other measures and avoid exposure extreme climates and dust. Regards.
Follow-up: Suggest treatmnet for pain and itching due to throat inflammation 24 minutes later
Done sir... Thankyou..
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your are welcome. Detailed Answer: It was pleasure assisting you.Please take out time to write a positive review.Regards.