Suggest treatment to stop vomiting

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
my daughter is 8 months along she has been vomiting all night is there any thing she can take for it
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: ondansetron 1mg Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Vomiting in 8 month old baby can be due to indigestion, viral gastritis. Try giving her simple foods and continue with breast feeds. Give her oral electrolyte solution like pedialyte in sips every 10 to 15 minutes. This is to keep her hydrated. If she continues to vomit, I would start her on ondansetron 1mg one hour before feeding. I am not sure if you can get this over the counter, you can check with your pharmacist. This can be given maximum 3 times a day. Ensure she passes urine atleast 6 times a day. If it doesn't settle consult nearby physician Wishing her speedy recovery. Regards Dr Arun