Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest treatment to remove smoking stains on teeth

I need to clean my tooth stains caused due to smoking.. I need that to be done in home. I have read in internet that KMnO4 can be used for that purpose.. is it so? can i use it? pls need some help
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: i would prescibe you a professional cleaning Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum, It is very nice to hear that you want to get your teeth cleaned by yourself at home, but these stains are very hard to remove and require a professional scaling and polishing by an Dental Hygienist. Smoking stains are tough to remove they are tenaciously adhered to the tooth surface, so instead of using KMnO4 by yourself at home i would suggest you to get an appointment fixed at your Dentist clinic. Smoking is hazardous to both physical and oral health so i would suggest you to quit smoking. Get a routine checkup done once in every six months. Maintain a good oral hygiene. Hope you find this as informative and helpful! Regards, Dr Qazi Ammara.