Suggest treatment to remove pigmentation

Dermatologist
Question
I M 18 YEARS OLD FEMALE.I HAVE DARK PATCHES ON SPECIFIC AREA LIKE CHEEKS,FOREHEAD,,MANY DOCTORS SAID ME THAT IT IS A PIGMENTATION.I USED MANY MEDICINES UNDER DOCTOR PRESCRIPTION.BT I DIDNT GET THE BETTER RESULT.WILL LASER TREATMENT WILL BE GOOD FOR THAT??WILL I GET A BETTER RESULT??I ALSO BECAME MORE TANNED? WILL LASER TREATMENT WILL REMOVE THAT TOO??
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Glycolic acid peels Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query, LASERS can be used to remove pigmentation but there are many side effects too. There are chances of rebound hyperpigmentation with use of LASER. That is initially there will be reduction in pigmentation but after few months again pigmentation will re appear. In my view glycolic acid peels will be better for you. Have you tried peels any time ? Also constant use of sunscreen helps a lot in reducing pigmentation as well as tanning. LASERS cannot be used for tanning. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Suggest treatment to remove pigmentation 2 hours later
my skin is so sensitive..so one of the dermatologist said me that peeling does not suits your skin..does peeling can be done for all skin types???is it safe???is there any side effects in peeling of skin???

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Lactic acid peels Detailed Answer: Hello Yes peeling can be done for any type of skin. Only the type of chemical used for peel varies. If your skin is sensitive lactic acid peels can be used. There will be bit burning sensation but there are no major side effects. Also LASERS can never be used for sensitive skin. So In my view its better to avoid LASERS and better to try peels. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Suggest treatment to remove pigmentation 1 hour later
after peeling can u please explain the procedure that we should follow??for how long days we should not expose in sun?? whether skin peeling causes pain???if so for how long days it continues??? sir can u say me the duration of the lactic acid peel treatment???how many sit-ups we should undergo??? cost of lactic acid peel treatment???suggest me the hospital in tamilnadu.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 26 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. Lactic acid peel causes very minimal burning lasting for just one or two days. Sun screen must be applied daily when on peel therapy. The cost it around 3000 per sitting. One sitting per month is done. yes XXXXXXX is good. You can discuss with them regarding this. Feel free to ask any other doubts. Thank you