Suggest treatment to remove pigmentation on cheeks and forehead

Jul 2012

i am XXXXXXX . i have been using melacare plus since a month for pigmentation on my cheeks and forehead.there is no reaction.shall i continue or stop this? is there any new suggestion?
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs to be visualised in person & depends on type Detailed Answer: Hi there XXXXXXX Pigmentation on your cheeks & forehead suggests to me you have a condition called 'melasma'. The pigmentation can be superficial (epidermal) or Deep (dermal). This can be ascertained by visiting your local dermatologist & may require the use of a simple device called a wood's lamp. The treatment for the former is more gratifying & the latter is resistant to most treatments. The cream you have used (if I am not mistaken is manufactured by a company called ajantha pharma) & is hydroquinone free. However, the lightening effect with hydroquinone based creams is usually better providing one is not 'allergic' to the component. For best results however, you will need to be 'seen' by a dermatologist near you. I am Bangalore based & should you make a trip this side, I would be most happy to help you. Else, please feel free to use this HCM website to source a dermatologist nearest you. Chemical peels & lasers are other modes of therapy that may be tried in stages. Good Luck & wish you a clear skin soon. :) Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Follow-up: Suggest treatment to remove pigmentation on cheeks and forehead 6 minutes later
doctor, may i know your address in bangalore for consultation
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may review my profile for best results Detailed Answer: I consult at 2/3 clinics in Bangalore. XXXXXXX Hospital is my base off XXXXXXX road, opp st anne's college. I usually consult here between 12.30-2 & my secretary vasugee will help you with apt details...her number is 0000 for appointments et al. She will also be able to help you out with my mobile number for reference. Best regds.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment to remove pigmentation on cheeks and forehead 10 hours later
thank u doctor, i need another suggestion.can i use melacare which contains hydroquinone?....
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sure. Detailed Answer: Sure. You can give it a shot if you don't have any known prior allergies. Stop if the face/area becomes red & use it in the evenings when the light goes down post 6 pm or so. ...& you are most welcome. Cheers!