Suggest treatment to reduce weight

Sep 2013

Hi Doctor my age 24 i weight is 85 kg it is good. Hi doctor i want reduce My weight
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About weight .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Weight of an individual depends upon the height . So please write down your B M I.
If not possible , write down the height .
Good luck. Dr. HET
Follow-up: Suggest treatment to reduce weight 14 hours later
Hi Doctor My height is 5.11
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Once again thanks for the question.
Your height is 5'11" and weight is 85 kg. The BMI is about 26 and it is perfectly in normal range as per WHO classification. But still if we compare with average you have 6-7 kg extra weight. This is not very high so it can be decreased with home based measures also, and as per my opinion there is no need to take medicines or any specific therapy to decrease the weight.
Take following measures.

- Take all three meals as good breakfast,lunch and dinner. Dont take heavy dinner as it results in increased weight.
- Try not to lie down on bed immediately after meals and if possible you can take a brisk walk following dinner.

-High protein diet like , cheese, paneer and diets low in refined carbohydrates (as sweets, buscuits, chocolates) will improve the metabolism and will improve weight.

-Take cucumber & citrus fruits in diet. These are negative calorie foods and will help to decrease hunger and will improve metabolism. Avoid high calorie index foods as sweets, popcorn, fried potato chips, soft drinks, alcohol etc.

-Regular exercise for about 20 minutes daily 5 times in week will help to improve weight and will also improve muscle tone. Brisk walking also helps in quick weight loss.

-If your work is sedentary type than you need only 1500 kcalories /day and if physical work is there then you will require more calories.

-High vegetables , high fiber diet is very good.

-Lemon juice on empty stomach with lukewarm water is very good and helps to mobilize excess fat.

Hope I solved your query and if you have more questions you can ask again.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment to reduce weight 28 minutes later
Hi doctor thanks For your answer and i have small query I am having More oil food like vada ,and i will drink butter Milk In night nearly 300 grms ever day and ny work is sedenatary work so any suggestion to reduce weight
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Overweight .

Detailed Answer:
Hello, XXXXXXX .
Once again thanks for the question .
Vada is a high calories food , so in my opinion avoid, instead take idly ( very nutritious and healthy food and good for breakfast).
Butter milk 300 gm is good for you as this is calories free.
Sedentary work , so try to do some exercise and take few steps as mentioned in previous reply.
Firm determination will help you .Good luck . Dr. HET