Suggest treatment to reduce belly fat

Dietitian & Nutritionist
I am getting belly fat and its increasing at a very fast rate, please suggest how to reduce it ?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Diet Plans
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 3 days later
Brief Answer: diet control with abdominal exercises Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Greetings from healthcareMagic. The best and the most easy way to get rid of the localized fat is exercise. As you mentioned that your waist size is increasing fast, I would advise you to start following the abdomen specific exercises which along with a low carbohydrate diet would help you. let us talk about the diet first. Cut down on calories and add the necessary fillers like insoluble fibers to add bulk to the diet, for this include whole grains, fruits, raw salads and vegetable preparations. This helps in attaining satiety while consuming lesser calories. Restrict the intake of the refined foods like those made with refined wheat flour. Avoid sugar wherever possible. Making way for the good protein sources like legumes, dals, milk and its products and soy in the diet also helps in cutting down the calorie intake. It is important to consume sufficient water and take good sleep. You must also choose the fats wisely. Limit the intake of oil and avoid the fried foods and snacks. Drink plenty of water and other healthy drinks to keep up the metabolism. Include healthy beverages like green tea, lemon tea,buttermilk, tender coconut water and soups. As mentioned above, in addition to the dietary modifications, exercises are equally important, especially the ones for abs. Moves like crunches, twist crunches, bicycle crunch, step hop, squats etc. are excellent to burn abdominal fat and tone the muscles. Set a time for exercise and start with simple workouts for short duration, you can slowly increase the time, frequency and intensity of the workout. This would allow the body to keep pace with the changes. Make sure that you take enough time to warm up before, and cooling down after, each workout.Avoid lying down or sitting immediately after the meals. You may go for a light walk after lunch and dinner. Or if possible sit in Vajrasana for 15 – 20 minutes after the meals. Avoid heavy meals after sunset and reduce the total salt intake. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you the best of health. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to request for more information if need be. Meenakshi