Suggest treatment to minimize scarring caused by a cut on the eyelid

34 yr old female. I have a gash on my eyelid and 3/4-1 inch long ways. It's bleeding and swollen. No concussion symptoms. Just want to know best treatment to minimize scarring. Icing it right now. It is deeper than just a scratch.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: A deep cut of the eyelid requires suturing. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health Care Magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having gash/cut on the eyelid measuring about 3/4-1 inch long. The first thing to be done is to rule out associated injuries to the eye and the surrounding structures including head injury. The treatment of the eye lid cut or laceration is preferably by suturing and apposition of the edges of the cut wound. This will prevent scarring. The second option is application of tissue adhesive glue if it is available. The suturing has to be done earlier preferably within 12-24 hours as this will give good apposition and minimize scarring. Hence I advice you to get examination done by your doctor to rule out associated eye injuries or injuries to the surrounding structures and suturing of the wound preferably by a eye doctor. Hope I have answered your query and the information is helpful to you. Thank you