Suggest treatment to increase hair growth and stop hairfall

I am 47 years old and experieced hair loss and thinning of hair especially in the central portion. Is it possible to arrest hair fall and increase hair growth and could you suggest any treatment/solution .I have not undergone any medications and have no past history of any major disease. There could be some genetic criteria though XXXXX
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Male pattern hair loss Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX See what you are experiencing is a common hair related disorder which is male pattern hair loss. Now this condition is treatable to some extend. With treatment, we can reduce any further hair loss. We can expect some form of recovery also but sometimes complete recovery is not possible. I would like to see the extend of hair loss in your case. If possible, click some close up pictures of the scalp and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. I will be able to guide you better once I see the degree of hair loss in your case. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest treatment to increase hair growth and stop hairfall 3 days later
Hi XXXXXXX I had raised a health care Query related to hair thinning. iAs requested by you I am sending pictures of my scalp taken from front and back to give a better understanding of my present hair condition. Kindly help me with a solution. Thanks and regards
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: male pattern hair loss Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have seen the attached pictures. See the good thing is that the extend of hair loss is not much still and it looks very much treatable. But I have to tell you that it needs a very long term treatment and a lot of patience is required to religiously follow the treatment regimen as advised. You need to start application of five percent minoxidil lotion over the scalp. Apply one ml both in the morning and evening's. Take Care to apply to the root of the hair which is the scalp. In addition, take oral biotin 10 mg tablets once a day. You can use any shampoo twice a week. Make sure you follow this treatment for atleast three months before you see any noticeable difference. It takes atleast three month to stop further hair loss and if treatment is continued even after that, then we can expect some degree of hair gain. Dr Geetika Paul