Suggest treatment to increase Vitamin D level

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My Vitamin D level found to be 7.52 ng/ml What should i do now
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Very low level of vit D you need supplement Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your report. This is very low level of vit D you need supplement. For vit D you can take cap Gen D3 60 k once in a week for 4 months. Or you can take injection vit D 6L from your doctor. Improve on daily morning or evening sun exposure to increase your vit D levels. Most probable reason for your back symptoms could be postural problem as you may be sitting for long time and working on computer for long time. When such patient comes to my hospital we usually take x ray spine or if required MRI to see for any nerve compression. Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor. Some exercises which can be done after pain has reduced include- Spine extension exercises, lying on your stomach flat lift leg 6 inches from ground, do it for other leg. Now lift both hand and leg simultaneously, 6 inch off the ground and stay Position for around 10 breathes. Core stabilizing spine exercises will help. You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case. Some life style modifications to prevent pain– Take break every 40 min from computer and do some lumbar rotation, stretches, walk and get back to work. Sit with taking support to your back, and do not watch television constantly. I will advise to check your vit B12 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care

Follow-up: Suggest treatment to increase Vitamin D level 1 hour later
dear sir My B12 level is 292 pg/ml this is for your information and necessary instruction.

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Your B12 is in normal range. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Your B12 is in normal range,but towards lower side. As you are having back pain you can take oral or injectable B12 supplement. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.