Suggest treatment to get rid of stomach worms

Hello doctor, I am XXXX 25 yrs old... could you please advice me best tablet for stomach worms... as I eat all 3 times food outside I often face this stomach worms problem...Thanks in advance for your advice...
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mebandazole or Albandazole Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. If you suspect that you have worm infestation , you may get a stool routine & microscopy examination. However , you may take drugs for killing worms without any test since you eat outside. Worm infestation is best treated by drugs like Albandazole and Mebandazole. Albandazole can be taken as a stat single dose of 400 mg. Mebandazole is given in dose of 100 mg twice daily for 3 days. Most of people prefer to take Albandazole as it has a very convenient single dosing option. However , i prefer to use Mebandazole as it is considered a safer option because in case a person has worm in his brain or eye , taking Albandazole can cause killing of the worms causing intense inflammatory reaction which may cause seizures and eye injury. This complication is rare but not unseen. So , i would advice you to take Mebandazole instead of Albandazole in consultation with your doctor. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: Suggest treatment to get rid of stomach worms 43 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX many thanks for your detailed information.. However can you please suggest me which Mebandazole should I need to brand name or tablet name it will be more convenient for me..
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mebex 100 mg Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX You can buy Mebandazole from any Medical Store. It is widely available on the counter. Commonly available with name Tab Mebex , Mebazole , Vermex. And good thing is that it is very effective and very cheap :) XXXXXXX , i wish you a healthy worm free life!! If you do not have a further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it!!