Suggest treatment to get fairer skin

Hi! I'm a 19 years old XXXXXXX male. I'm using kojic acid, milk for a while to get lighter skin but have no result. Please! Tell me how to get a light skin, recommended creams, pills?. I would take any risk. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please, you don't need to! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to know you are not very happy with the complexion of your body. It is understandable that we may want to look a little different. However, what are the consequences of doing this? No skin complexion is better than another. We all need to be happy and glad with how we look rather than looking for ways to change this. Whites strive all the times to get tanned and at the same time nonwhites try to become white in complexion. It is a very troubling and sensitive area. The basic idea to become fair in complexion is using steroids either in creams/lotion or injections. Overtime, they would do just that. This works by burning the subcutaneous tissues. The consequences are easy bleeding, poor wound healing, can provoke new onset diabetes, and in the long run causes excessive wrinkles on the body. If these are consequences you would want to deal with, then a monthly shot of triamcinolone 80mg IM would do just that. I honestly think you would very much benefit by consulting a psychiatrist. Take a look at my profile picture and tell me if there is really a reason for you to strive becoming white. I wish you well. I hope you bear in mind the severe risk before attempting that. You look amazing on the picture and I seem unable to understand your reasons for trying to become lighter in complexion. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment to get fairer skin 20 minutes later
You're right, doctor. I always feel bad about my complexion. I am always rejected by other people in the past because i have dark skin, i'm sick of that. I know skin bleaching will leave some consequences, but it's worth a try. Please help me.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Did you see my picture! Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. I understand how terrible you feel about this but realize that you are way lighter in complexion than many. You are lighter in ccomplexion than myself. The problem is how you feel about yourself. Do not let anyone make you feel rejected or any less of a human being because of your color. By trying to change your complexion, you are handing a big victory to them. Remember, persons are accepted not because of their colors and nothing guarantees the fact that you shall be accepted after that. What if after going through all of that, you are still rejected? It only makes it worse. Am a proud black...You should be very proud of your complexion as well. The black complexion offers protection against ultraviolet rays and that helps reduce the number of skin cancer in non whites. These are all advantages we have to be proud of. Never change who you are to be accepted by others. There are always persons who accept you the way you are. Stick t those and don't destroy your body to please some idiots who are simply biased in their reasoning. Hope it helps. Please, do not try any product for whatever reasons. Dr. Ditah, MD.