Suggest treatment to get fair skin

Hi Doctor! I'm 19 years old XXXXXXX male. I have use kojic acid, milk, cream for a while to bleach my skin but it has no result. Can u please tell me how to get a white skin? Recommended pills or creams? I will take any risk. Thanks
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cannot change basic skin color, improvement only Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now your problem is regarding pigmentation of skin. First of all, I would like to tell you that the basic skin color cannot be changed with any treatment. Yes, we can however achieve some degree of improvement in the tone of skin with the use of topical skin lightening agents. But this improvement basically involves removal of the skin XXXXXXX and getting back one's original skin color. You need to follow a combined approach to achieve the best results. You can the kojic acid four percent cream in the morning along with a hydroquinone two percent cream at night. In addition, apply a sunscreen with spf more than 26 regularly over the face . Apply it atleast half an hour before sun exposure each time. Reapply the sunscreen every three to four hours. In addition, take oral vitamin c 500 mg tablets once a day regularly. Include more of fresh fruits and salads in your diet especially citrus fruits. If you follow the above approach regularly, I am sure you will achieve some degree of improvement in the skin tone.But I would again re stress that only some degree of improvement is possible with all the possible means. The basic skin tone of a person remains the same. Also, there are other options like chemical peels which can be done by a dermatologist so as to improve the face complexion. These can also be undertaken under a local dermatologist. Dr Geetika Paul