Suggest treatment to gain weight

I am very Thin, My weight is just 41KG, how can i gain my weight, please suggest me
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diet and exercise

Detailed Answer:

Better diet including lots of proteins and exercise would surely help you gain weight in natural way.

Increasing your food intake – try eating larger portions.

Fat contains more than twice the kilojoules as protein and carbohydrates so increasing your fat intake can rapidly make a difference to weight gain. Add some healthy oils, eg, olive oil, canola oil, to your meals.

Including energy dense foods throughout your daily meals, eg, peanut butter or cheese on toast instead of marmite, milkshake instead of low fat milk, ice cream on fruit, avocado instead of cucumber, juice and milk instead of tea and coffee, Complan or Sustagen drink.

Avoiding too many bulky low energy foods. Raw vegetables and fruit are nutritious but you fill up quickly well before you have eaten enough kilojoules.

Trying to eat 5-6 smaller meals as this may be easier, if bigger portions are difficult to eat.

Hope, I answered your query.