Suggest treatment of cough for a chronic heart disease patient

My mother is 84 years old has chronic heart disease and has a constant cough for 4 weeks doc has up her water tablet 4 weeks ago I bought Munka honey thinking that would help now docs saying nothing they can do she is very breathless any other advice would be great
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: please answer these questions Detailed Answer: hi, I understand the concern for your mother. chronic cough and breathlessness in a cardiac patient can be due to respiratory infection or due to pooling of fluid in her lungs. please answer these questions for better understanding of her problem. 1. what was her heart disease 2. what is her ejection fraction 3.what other drugs she is on apart from urine excretors 4.was she given any antibiotic? 5. If there is a chest x ray or echo report, please post. We try to help you in the best possible way. Take care of your mother. Bye.