Suggest treatment for weight loss

I'm slightly over weight and 40yrs old male, the real weight is on my stomach ( only ) & my waist 40" and I do walking 2km on daily basis but no use. Please advise me food ( Fruit/Vegetable ) that help to reduce fat only from my stomach.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer.....given below Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. First thing you should know is that loosing fat around belly is very tough and is not going to be easy and quick. The goal should be to reduce not more than 1 inch every month. Best is to do it slow and sustain it rather than loosing it fast,only to get it back quickly. Be patient and dedicated. The safest and the best way to reduce belly fat is to for dietary modifications,lifestyle changes and regular exercises. Dietary modifications require  Avoid junk foods like bread,pizza,chips,cookies,colas etc. Switch to skimmed milk from whole milk. Consume more of whole grain products. Take six small meals instead of traditional 3 meals. Eat at least 2-3 hours before going to bed. Consume more of fruits and green vegetables. Avoid saturated fats and use more of unsaturated fats like olive oil,almond oil etc. Lifestyle modifications require... Taking enough sleep. Quit smoking and avoid alcohol,if serious about loosing weight. Drink plenty of water. Avoid sitting at one place for too long Snack healthy by eating more of almonds and walnuts. Exercises.... Although walking is a good exercises but the best is to do crunches and legs raising exercises.In fact the best way for you would be to join a gym and do the exercises under the care of a physical trainer.This professional approach along with proper dietary measures and lifestyle modifications would bring in the desired results gradually. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks