Suggest treatment for weight loss

My age is 24 ,my height 151cm and my weight is 95kg.From my Childhood i have fat.My birthweight 4kg,i want to reduce my weight also lookiing last july i went to doctor when i was 100kg.He was priscriped to me an injection victoza.I took that inj 2 months after again i went to doctor. only 2kg reduces in my weight.He was suggest me to go gym also continue that i took 1 month then i break 3 weeks after i continued 1 month then i stoped.i am going to gym 5 my weight is 95kg.already i took test. i have no Thyroid, cholesterol 133.33.The most important is my arms looks so big(dummy fat) than my body. i have to reduce my arm fat.what can i do?.please tell me how to reduce my weight.may i continue that inj?is it worth?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Polycystic Ovarian Disease needs to be ruled out. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Since common causes,- such as, diabetes, thyroid problem- of obesity have already been excluded, you should get yourself evaluated for Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD)- a common condition causing increased body weight. Why does Obesity occur :- When you eat, your body stores the calories you consume for energy in your muscles and tissues. If those calories are not used, the body stores them as fat. If you continue to eat more calories than your body can use during daily activities and exercise, your body will build up fat stores. Obesity and morbid obesity are the result of too much fat being stored in your body. Irrespective of the cause of obesity, the SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLE OF WEIGHT REDUCTION is :- " BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU EAT". * Take LESS calories (that is, foods containing less calories). You should work with your doctor and a dietician to set realistic goals that will help you lose weight slowly through diet and exercise. Set your aim to daily intake of 800-1000 Calories. * Burn as many calories in the gym or, other types of vigorous exercises (jogging, cycling, swimming, brisk walks, aerobics etc). The additional calories burnt would be met from burning of body fat. In addition, you also have the option of taking weight drugs, such as, ORLISTAT and others. Your treating doctor will prescribe them in appropriate doses. Please remember that patience is very important. Weight loss is a very slow process. So, perseverance and patience is required. Lastly, Inj Victoza is nothing but INSULIN, used for diabetes! So, confirm from your treating doctor if you have diabetes. It's use for weight reduction is NOT RECOMMENDED. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for weight loss 23 hours later
Thank you doctor.i'm sure i have no diabetices.i have already told you my arms so big.pls telme how to reduce that.give me some suggestion(diet,food).is green tea ,honey reduce weigh?.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Broad dietary guidelines given below Detailed Answer: I had already gone through your query carefully, before giving my opinion. I just wanted to confirm about diabetes, as your treating doctor has prescribed INSULIN injections! (used only in diabetes). I cannot give you a diet chart. Consult a dietician who will prepare a diet chart for 800-1000 kcal, low carbohydrate, low fat and high Protein diet, depending on your dietary habits, predilections and preferences. However, the broad guidelines about the diet are :- 1. Have a plateful of green salads before each meal. 2. Avoid foods rich in calories, such as, fats, fried foods, non-vegetarian foods, dairy products (cheese, butter); desserts, confectionary, junk food/fast food, aerated drinks (cold drinks), ice creams etc..... to name a few. 3. Restriction of food items such as, skimmed milk, rice, potatoes, cassava, sweet potatoes, yam, fruits (particularly mangoes and bananas). 4. Liberal amounts of green leafy vegetables, such as, Celery, spinach, Lettuce, Asparagus, French Beans, Cabbage, Radish, Tomatoes, Pumpkin, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Broccoli and peas. 5. Take plenty of water daily, along with vitamins + mineral supplements (to cater for the additional requirements). You can continue to take green tea. But honey has calories and should therefore be taken in limited quantity. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal