Suggest treatment for vomiting due to food poisoning

I have been throwing up all night. I suspect food poisning. I am very weak and dehydrated. What can I do?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Persistent vomititng leads to dehydration and salt loss. The fluid and salt has to be replaced. Because of vomititng you cannot retain anything given orally. So you need to have intravenous fluids. You need to go to ER immediately for intravenous fluids. There tests will also be done to find the cause of persistent vomiting. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini