Suggest treatment for vitamin D deficiency

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I m suffering from deficiency of "25-OH vitamin D" as per my blood test. What should I need to do get this to normal range?
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Let me know the current level. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. If you are deficient a 5000 IU daily dose of vitamin D3 for three months will get you back to an optimal range in most cases. Let me know the current level of 25-OH vitamin D so that I can advice you treatment according to that. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for vitamin D deficiency 7 hours later
25-OH vitamin D (Total) is mine - 13.8 ng/ml Refrence Range- Deficiency : < 20 ng/ml please advise.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 13 hours later
Brief Answer: cholecalciferol XXXXXXX 60000 units weekly. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Your vit D level is quite low. When such patient came to my clinic I generally advice cholecalciferol XXXXXXX 60000 units with a glass of milk weekly for 3 months. Take daily sunlight exposure for 20 minutes. Hope this helps you.