Suggest treatment for viral myocarditis

Hi. I was diagnosed with viral myocarditis in October and have felt okay up until around 2 weeks ago when i started getting short of breath, lightheaded and feeling generally nauseous. I went for an echo scan and blood tests and they both came back ok aside from trivial mital regurgitation. I now have a very dry cough which hurts if i cough too hard, still lightheaded and nauseous along with aching jaw and extreme tiredness i also have occasional chest pain. Should i go back to see a doctor or will i be okay?
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You should see your doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. There is no specific treatment for Viral Myocarditis. There is high chance that it can recur. Since your Echo and Blood work came out to be normal (Trivial Mitral Regurgitation is of no importance if there is no history of cardiomyopathy or COPD), other tests may be required. Your signs and symptoms are of cardiac origin and may have led to pulmonary edema. Level of Cardiac enzymes need to be determined and symptomatic treatment is required after consulting your cardiologist. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for viral myocarditis 1 hour later
They did listen to my chest and stuff when i was there and said there was no signs of heart failure
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symptomatic relief needed Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow up. If you have been checked clinically by cardiologist and there is nothing wrong with your heart, then you can wait for the symptoms to subside by itself. If they are causing much discomfort then you can ask your doctor for symptomatic treatment like antiallergic (loratidine), multi-vitamins and NSAIDs like ibuprofen. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.