Suggest treatment for vibrating sensation over chest

Apr 2014

I had a sensation in bed twice last night that something in my chest was vibrating. I have been reading in a forum that this is probably some muscle, maybe my diaphragm, and not likely to be my heart. It lasted only 10 or 15 seconds. I am a 67 year old male with no history of heart disease.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Most likely it is due to benign reasons. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us Vibrating sensation over chest may be due to musculoskeletal or cardiac causes. It may be due to fasciculation of muscles or palpitation. Fasciculation of muscles is generally due to benign reasons and it doesn't require any treatment. Palpitation is also mostly due to benign reasons but it requires special attention in your case due to your age and history of increased blood pressure and cholesterol. If it is recurrent then you need few more investigations like thyroid profile etc.You may be further evaluated if it recurs. It is good that your blood pressure and cholesterol is controlled.You should take your medicines regularly. It is also important to see for arrhythmia as it may occur during palpitation. At present you don't worry at all.Most likely it is due to benign cause. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX