Suggest treatment for vaginal yeast infection

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
I HAVE ITCHING WHICH FEELS LIKE A BUG IN MY UNDERPANTS, BUT I HAVE NEVER FOUND ANY BUGS WHEN I HAVE CHECKED. SOMETIMES THE ITCHING (LIKE A BUG IS THERE) IS ALSO FELT IN MY VAGINA AND ANAL AREAS. I HAVE SEARCHED FOR SEVERAL DAYS FOR ANY SIGN OF BED BUGS OR LICE BUT HAVE NOT FOUND ANY. I HAVE A MILD VAGINAL DISCHARGE WHICH IS YELLOW AND THIN.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fungal Infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Your history is suggestive of yeast/fungal infection.Yeast is a naturally occurring microorganism in this area. Intense itching in the genital area is very much common with fungal infection. Vaginal discharge is also supporting this infection. You can apply antifungal cream like Miconazole Nitrate Cream and take a single dose of oral medicine such as fluconazole. Your symptoms will improve with this medication. Feel free to ask query regarding your symptoms. Thank you.