Suggest treatment for vaginal itching

Mar 2016

i have itching in my vagina for past one week..whenever possible i keep cleaning it with water which gives some relief...but sometimes it gets too itchy...also there is some fluid discharge which makes the area little wet...what can i do to get relief? please help.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. FOLLOW THAT. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on XXXXXXX According to your history, I can assume that you are currently suffering from vaginal YEAST infection or TRICHOMONIASIS. However, it may be aggravated by using chemical substance like lubricant/ jelly with condom (if sexually active) or soap/ detergent/ other scented bath products, causing repeated friction and irritation inside vagina. In this stage, I would suggest to undergo one CULTURE and SENSITIVITY TEST of vaginal discharge, blood sugar (PPBS) and differential count of WBC to rule out the causative agent and confirm the diagnosis. It also helps to determine better drug treatment. Next thing, you have to ELIMINATE or CORRECT some additional predisposing factors like mental stress, lack of sleep, poor eating habits, hormonal imbalance, certain medicines (like hormone pills, antibiotics, steroids etc), weak immune system, Cervicitis, poor genital hygiene etc. To summarize, you have to modify all these things to get effective result. You can consult with your GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance. TREATMENT: 1) Vaginal suppository or anti-fungal vaginal tab like CANDID CL can be used for 3 to 5 days. Supportive oral antibiotic like Metronidazole etc may be required according to test report. 2) Use vaginal moisturizer cream or maintain vaginal pH with RepHresh pH gel to avoid repeated infection. VAGISIL cream can be used prior to intimation each time and maintain genital hygiene before & after sex. 3) Wear only clean and cotton underwear. Don't wear any tight fitting cloths or pants to avoid repeated friction/ irritation. Take sound sleep adequately. 4) Take healthy diet as you have mentioned with anti oxidant (like Vitamin -E or C, Selenium, Zinc, Lycopene etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water or juice for better systemic circulation. You must avoid salty, sugary or fatty foods. 5) Avoid chemical cosmetics or soaps or scented bath products around genital area. Don't practice unprotected sex till the problem is completely resolved. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW