Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection and vaginal infection

Infectious Diseases Specialist
l recently had a tampax removed that had in me for 3 weeks by my doctor and l didnt know l thought the discharge was from mirena coil l just had fitted. lm finding it extremely hard to urinate now l really have to push it out and only small amounts come. lve been sick twice today and have headaches. lts probably no relavance but l had a baby 5 months ago ans suffered an eclamptic seizure two days after birth. Can you give advice please? lve been given an antibiotic for the strong smellimg urine, can you help?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Following suggestions to your queries... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query carefully and understood your concerns. I am sorry for the situation you are in. Having inserted Tampax inside you for 3 weeks is long enough to develop urinary tract infection and vaginal infection, for which your doctor has prescribed antibiotic course. I also advise to: - keep a good hygiene of your genitalia; avoid hot water or other irritant soaps/gels - can discuss with your doctor to start taking local (vaginal) ovules for vaginal infection - drink more water - take magnesium/zinc citrate to optimize urine pH that will help ease the symptoms - I also advise my patients to use herbal mixture teas for urinary tract infection Everything will get to normal again, but need time. Wish fast recovery! Dr.Sejdini