Suggest treatment for upper respiratory tract infection

hello doctor, I am felling body pain and may be suffereing from fever yesterday there was rainy day I have pain in my throat having so much pain to swallow the things pls help me out.
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Try saline gargles and wait for a day or two... Detailed Answer: Hi, It most likely seems you are suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection. A severe throat pain may be suggestive of bacterial infection. However as the symptoms are under a day old, you can wait for a day or two before visiting a doctor for antibiotics. In the meantime, try warm salt water gargles three times daily. If needed you can gargle with disprin mixed XXXXXXX warm water. You can also start yourself on tab dolo 650mg which contains paracetamol. Dolo 650mg can be taken thrice or four times daily based on your needs. Avoid cold and refrigerated food. And if you are working this weekend, you can chew strepsils for quick relief. Though I am not very concerned yet, if you continue to suffer with severe throat ache and fever until monday, I strongly recommend you visit a doctor. Hope this helps. Regards