Suggest treatment for upper respiratory infection

I have taken Amoxyllin 500 MG for three days based on a doctor's prescription two weeks back. While the illness came dow, I still have a some flum and throat infection which looks like an upper respiratory infection in my own analysis. I feel that it is disturbing me on and off even this week, i feel better one day and bad another day.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Insufficient dose is my opinion Detailed Answer: Hi I think the dose of Amoxycillin is in sufficient. It should have been prescribed for a week. I would suggest to go for a review with the doctor for follow up examination and get full prescription. Meantime you can go for at home nebulization plus salt water gargles. Hope this answers.