Suggest treatment for upper back pain during pregnancy

Mar 2016

hi, I am having upper back pain. It is always constant, neither increase nor decrease.I am taking hot water bath daily evening , after apply oil and massaging for 0.5 hours. Still no reduction in pain. Also today I am feeling lower abdomn pain at times, not frequently. Please suggest what is it? I had the glucose test and sugar level is normal with 106. As of now, my doctor says every thing is normal Regards Ria
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. 1) Upper or lower back pain (mild to moderate) during pregnancy occurs due to relaxation of pelvic ligaments, caused by RELAXIN hormone. Lower abdominal pain occurs due to occasional uterine contraction . It is quite common feature. 2) You can take DROTIN DS tab (Drotaverine) and DUVADILAN (Isoxsuprine) to reduce abdominal and back pain. These are quite SAFE during pregnancy. Hot water bag and gentle massage can be applied along with that. Muscle relaxant gel may be used. Do periodic check up to your Obstetrician. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and successful motherhood. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW