Suggest treatment for under eye dark circles

hi i am 30 years old....i have promient under eye dark complextion is fair...i have tried so many creams...but not reducing...please help me with specific creams wihhc really help in reducing dark circle whic are result oriented.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dark circle treatment Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Welcome to healthcare magic. Under eye dark circles could occur because of various reasons, each of which needs to be tackled differently. It also depends a lot on your lifestyle pattern- diet, sleep, computer / TV use and stress. It could also indicate an underlying anaemia due to iron deficiency. You may need to check your hemoglobin levels by doing a blood test. As I mentioned earlier, the correct treatment and its efficacy depends on the cause of dark circles. 1. Dark circles due to thin under eye skin- The thin skin makes the blood vessels under the skin very prominent and hence this appears dark. This is the most common cause especially in fair individuals. You could benefit from using a cream containing Vitamin K and Retinol( EGA cream) . Use it twice a day for at least 3 months to notice a difference. It could be followed by once a day usage as a maintenance. 2. Dark circles could be familial. In such cases, it is difficult to completely get rid of the dark circles. You could only lighten them to a certain extent. You could try using Wunder eye cream twice a day for 3-4 months. 3. Dark circles as an indicator of diabetes mellitus- Do you have a family history of diabetes? If so, I suggest that you get your Fasting blood sugar, Fasting Serum Insulin levels, Post prandial Blood sugar and Post prandial Serum insulin levels checked by doing a blood test in a good laboratory. We need to rule out a condition called " Insulin resistance" which can cause thickening of skin around eyes, neck folds, underarms, etc which is an early indicator of diabetes. While the treatment of dark circles could be done using retinol based creams like EGA cream, diet and exercise play an important role in this case to improve the insulin resistance. In addition to the creams I have mentioned above, you could try Glycolic acid based chemical peels. This has to be done by a qualified dermatologist . We generally do 6-8 sessions once a week which will give good lightening. In addition to above, you need to have good sleeping pattern with sound sleep of at least 6 hours per day. Drink vegetable juice made of carrot/beetroot/ spinach every day. It is rich in Beta carotene which helps improve the skin texture. Avoid excessive usage of computers / watching too much television. Have a healthy diet rich in coloured fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants. Try to reduce stress by doing Yoga/ relaxation breathing techniques. Hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, I will be glad to assist you. Take care. Regards, Dr. Johny Chacko