Suggest treatment for uncontrolled diabetes

Hi, Please find attached reports of my father who wants to go for one eye catrac operation but diagnosed with sugar. Also i got his Lipid profile done which is attached. Please review both and confirm if things are under control.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Uncontrolled diabetes with nephropathy. Detailed Answer: Hello, welcome to XXXXXXX THANKS FOR YOUR QUERY. Looking into the medical reports your father has uncontrolled diabetes, hyperlipidemia and possible nephropathy(early stage kidney disease). Cataract is done under local anesthesia. So right now control of blood sugar with insulin should be enough to undergo surgery considering that age of the patient. A cardiac evaluation with ECG is advised. Post surgically me needed medical care to control all the above conditions. I would advice him to keep his fasting blood sugar under 110 mg/dl, PPBS under 160 mg/dl and HbA1c below 7 %. Diet, exercise and medication are very important to control and slow diabetic related complications. lipid lowering drugs needed to be prescribed to control hyperlipidemia. Consult a nephrologist to assess this kidney damage as he loss proteins in the urine. Hope the answer helps your. Let me know if you have any clarification. Regards.