Suggest treatment for twisted ankle due to an injury

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I twisted my right ankle inward yesterday. I felt a pop back toward my ankle. I can bear weight on toes but can not put ankle in 90 or walk normal. sprain?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems to be ligament injury (sprain). Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description it seems to be ligament injury (sprain) You need an x-ray to rule out any bony injury( avulsion fracture). I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.Beside icing and elevating it, you can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid putting weight and rest well. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care